Monday, May 26, 2014

She Said I Must Blog

I recently took part in the Main Street Martinsburg Chocolate Festival and Book Faire where I sat behind a table stacked with shiny, new copies of Precious Words for sale inside a cute dress shop on Queen Street. The attendance was great with dozens of people coming through the store, sampling the chocolate covered cranberries, and ogling the trendy dresses and handbags. Several people stopped to ask about my book, and some even purchased it. Late in the afternoon a woman rushed to my table, apologizing for her appearance (she'd been gardening) and began asking about my novel. She, too, was an author about to publish her first book and we proceeded to compare publishing histories with each other. Being the impatient person I tend to be, I took the quick route and paid to have my book self-published. She, on the other hand, had spent the past three years querying agents until she finally got a deal with Booktrope. We talked about the pleasures and frustrations of writing and promoting and she asked for my blog site address. "You don't blog?" she said, "but you must blog!" So, one month later I've decided to heed her advice and start blogging.  I'm not sure what I'll blog about, but figured it was a great way to keep writing and keep my followers informed. On this site you will see anything from my obsession with Tostitos Blue Nacho Chips to my obsession with tennis star, Rafael Nadal. I might share with you some of the funny things I see in my travels and of course, I'll share stories about my dogs Lula Belle and Napoleon. I'm not sure everything I've learned, I've learned from my dogs, but they have definitely taught me a thing or two. I'm an avid reader so I may from time to time write about some of my favorite books and authors. It will be a cornucopia of topics and I hope you continue to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment